Through my years of working in the food service industry, I've collected a bounty of salad recipes. This pleasantly colored side dish is cool, creamy and comforting.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and gelatin until smooth. Drain pears, reserving syrup; set pears aside. If necessary, add enough water to syrup to equals 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Gradually add to gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in ice cream until dissolved. Mash pears and fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an greased 6-cup mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lime Pear Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p77
Reviews for Lime Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review