- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear halves
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and gelatin until smooth. Drain pears, reserving syrup; set pears aside. If necessary, add enough water to syrup to equals 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Gradually add to gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in ice cream until dissolved. Mash pears and fold into gelatin mixture. Pour into an greased 6-cup mold. Chill until firm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Lime Pear Salad
Sort By :
This is delicious. I added 1 T of lemon juice to the pear syrup after it had boiled. Instead of mashing the pears I just diced them up too.
Delicious!!! Made with home-canned pears in light syrup. Didn't set as firmly as I thought it should, but did get it out of the mold. Looked good. Couldn't ask for the taste to be better. Will be making quite often. I think this answers the question for the other reviewer. Next time I will probably let it set overnight. I, also, added a cup of chopped walnuts before refrigerating to let firm up. I think that improved the taste and texture.
Can this gelatin be made with pears in their own juice vs. heavy syrup? Thank you for replying.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >