Lime-Pear Gelatin Bells
For a festive flair, I use bell-shaped molds for this gelatin salad, but use whatever molds you have on hand. It's such a refreshing way to ring in the holiday season.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced or halved pears, drained
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Leaf lettuce
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Place pears in a
- blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add cream
- cheese; process until smooth. Add to gelatin and stir well.
- Refrigerate until cool, about 15 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into 12 individual bell-shaped molds or
- other molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Place a piece of cherry at the end
- of each bell for clapper. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 242 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.