Lime Parfaits Recipe
"You don't need to give up delicious treats just because you are eating lighter!" writes Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland. Her refreshing four-ingredient dessert is easy to prepare...and so pretty to serve. Layers of creamy ice-cold sherbet alternate with a crunchy combination of cookie crumbs and chopped nuts in the warm-weather treat.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons chocolate wafer cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
- 3 cups lime sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup cookie crumbs and nuts. In another bowl, combine sherbet and lime peel. Spoon 1 tablespoon cookie mixture into six parfait glasses; top with 1/4 cup sherbet mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
One parfait equals 193 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC