I bake muffins every Sunday morning, so I'm always trying different ingredients to make them interesting. These citrus muffins are my husband's favorite.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, beat
- the eggs, milk, oil, lime juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.