Lime Muffins with Coconut Streusel Recipe
Looking for a way to dazzle Easter brunch guests? A dozen of these tempting gems should do the trick. The coconut-macadamia nut struesel is the perfect complement to the muffin's fresh lime flavor. —Teresa Grissom, Zionsville, Indiana
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) key lime yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, yogurt, egg, butter, lime juice, lime peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC