- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) key lime yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, yogurt, egg, butter, lime juice, lime peel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lime Muffins with Coconut Streusel in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p151
Reviews for Lime Muffins with Coconut Streusel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2016
"These are awesome! I did add a little more coconut to both the batter and the crumb topping. They were a huge hit with my coworkers."