Lime Mousse in Phyllo Cups Recipe
Lime gives a tart refreshing flavor to sweetened whipped cream. You can also use the lime mousse to fill individual purchased tart cups.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- Fresh lime slices, optional
- 1. Place two sheets of phyllo dough on top of each other. Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying. Cut layered sheets in half widthwise. Brush top sheet of each with butter. Lightly press one stack into a 6-oz. custard cup coated with cooking spray. Lightly press second stack on top. Repeat with five more cups.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing pastry to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For mousse, beat cream in a chilled small bowl until thickened. Add the sugar, lime juice, lime peel and food coloring if desired; beat until soft peaks form. Just before serving, fill phyllo cups with mousse. Garnish with lime slices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 265 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Lime Mousse in Phyllo Cups
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC