Lime Mint Jelly
You're sure to spread Christmas cheer with gift jars of this holly-green jelly that won me a "Best of Show" at the county fair. Flavored with lime, it's delicious on roasted meats.
40 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 10 min.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated lime peel
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water and lime juice; add food
- coloring if desired. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat,
- stirring constantly. Stir in pectin, mint and lime peel. Continue to
- boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot
- half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on
- jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10
- minutes. Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 5 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium,