Lime Mint Jelly Recipe
- 4 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup grated lime peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water and lime juice; add food coloring if desired. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin, mint and lime peel. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into five hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 5 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 79 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (20g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Lime Mint Jelly
"This is tasty, however did not set up, so I had to reprocess according to MCP directions, and I am awaiting the results. I contacted the expert (mom) for the second try and she said the pectin had to go in BEFORE the sugar. I revised the order of ingredients and it was setting up as I was putting it into the jars."