- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 to 4 serrano peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, quartered and seeds removed
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (26-30 per pound)
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips or tostada shells
- Place onion and peppers in a food processor; pulse until very finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Place cucumbers, tomatoes and green onions in food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add to bowl.
- Place shrimp in food processor; pulse until chopped. Add shrimp, lime juice, salt and pepper to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until cold. Serve with tortilla chips or tostada shells. Yield: 10 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime-Marinated Shrimp Salad
"Ceviche is using raw fish. Not sure I understand why this shrimp is cooked before marinating. I'd think that might result in a rubbery, tough shrimp. I like that it's a salad but I think I'd let the lime juice "cook" the shrimp- not cook beforehand. The ingredients look yummy. Think I'll try using raw shrimp and not process it. Maybe less Serrano peppers but add a lot of yummy chopped avocado chunks! Thx for sharing this recipe. I may change my three star rating higher... Just need to convince me ceviche is also with cooked shrimp. :)"