Lime Kiwi Cloud Recipe
"I enjoy serving this luscious dessert any time of the year," says Bernice Janowski of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. She relies on prepared angel food cake, fruit and a few other items to whip up the tangy treat and simple strawberry sauce.
- 12 cups cubed angel food cake (about 12 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 6 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Arrange half the cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lime juice and peel; fold in whipped topping. Spread half the yogurt mixture over the cake, pressing down to make a smooth layer. Layer with kiwi slices. Top with the remaining cake and yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, thaw strawberries, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth; set aside. Place strawberries in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, mashing strawberries.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Scoop cake into dessert dishes; drizzle with strawberry sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lime Kiwi Cloud in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p53
Reviews for Lime Kiwi Cloud(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >