Lime Jalapeno Turkey Wraps Recipe
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup shredded cooked turkey breast (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomato
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 2 red onion rings (1/4 to 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 pitted ripe or pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- 1. Chop one lettuce leaf; set aside remaining leaves. In a small bowl, combine the turkey, chopped lettuce, tomato, green onion, lime juice, jalapeno, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Place one lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Spoon half the filling off center on each. Fold one end over filling and roll up. Slide each wrap through the middle of an onion ring. Secure roll-up with a toothpick near the onion ring; top each with an olive if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritio Facts: 1 tortilla equals 291 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.