I love the combination of flavors in this tropical treat! It takes mere minutes to make. If you need something for a school or church bake sale this will get you out of the kitchen in a flash. —Julie Beckwith, Crete, Illinois
Featured In: 20 Barks & Brittles for Extra-Happy Holidays
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Stir in the coconut, almonds and lime peel. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 1 pound.
Originally published as Lime-in-the-Coconut Almond Bark in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p227
Reviews for Lime-in-the-Coconut Almond Bark
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review