I love the combination of flavors in this tropical treat! It takes mere minutes to make. If you need something for a school or church bake sale this will get you out of the kitchen in a flash. —Julie Beckwith, Crete, Illinois
Featured In: 20 Barks & Brittles for Extra-Happy Holidays
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 2 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil; set aside. In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring if desired. Stir in the coconut, almonds and lime peel. Spread into prepared pan. Chill for 10-15 minutes or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 1 pound.
Originally published as Lime-in-the-Coconut Almond Bark in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p227
Reviews for Lime-in-the-Coconut Almond Bark
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2017
"I made this for another treat to add to the holiday plates I give to my neighbors. It was a big hit with everyone. The lime was different for a bark candy."