Lime Honeydew Sorbet Recipe
- 3 cups cubed honeydew
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet white wine or water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a food processor or blender, combine honeydew and sugar; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze in the refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 154 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.