This frosty dessert that relies on an ice cream freezer is a refreshing end to a spring or summer meal. The burst of lime in each spoonful is complemented by a pleasant hint of honeydew. -Test Kitchen
- 3 cups cubed honeydew
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sweet white wine or water
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a food processor or blender, combine honeydew and sugar; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Spoon mixture into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze in the refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lime Honeydew Sorbet in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p31
Reviews for Lime Honeydew Sorbet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review