Lime-Honey Fruit Salad
Nothing is more refreshing to me than a seasonal fruit salad enhanced with this simple honey-lime dressing. —Victoria Shevlin, Cape Coral, Florida
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 3 medium Gala or Red Delicious apples, cubed
- 2 medium pears, cubed
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 2 cups green grapes
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cornstarch and lime juice
- until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds; stir.
- Cook 15 seconds longer; stir. Stir in honey and poppy seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, pears and grapes. Pour dressing
- over fruit; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.