Lime Herb Chicken Recipe
“This is a tangy recipe for chicken,” writes Jennifer Partin of Repton, Alabama. “The lime juice is key.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Brush remaining marinade over chicken just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC