Lime Herb Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Brush remaining marinade over chicken just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Lime Herb Chicken
"Delicious! I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor was in this chicken. Will definitely make again."
"Great flavor! Perfect for summer-time grilling."
"I had to make this with lemon juice, as I was out of lime juice, but the results were wonderful! Looking forward to trying it with lime juice in the near future!"
"I don't have a grill so I baked this in a roasting pan. It came out just like the pic and tasted very flavorful but I really want to try it again once I have a grill."
"My family loves this recipe. The second time I made it though I marinated it an hour or two and I liked it even better."
"I enjoyed the chicken very much (any food cooked with garlic is fine in my book!) Quick question: Can this be cooked on top of the stove in a grill pan or baked in the oven? - I'm sorry, but that was 2 questions!!!"
"Just made this today on the grill and we really liked it! You only have to marinate the chicken for 15 min. prior to throwing it on the grill which was nice. Didn't have to plan too far in advance. Good flavor and the chicken was nice and moist!"
"short marinade time"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.