“This is a tangy recipe for chicken,” writes Jennifer Partin of Repton, Alabama. “The lime juice is key.”
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Brush remaining marinade over chicken just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lime Herb Chicken in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p43
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lime Herb Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review