- 1 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Brush remaining marinade over chicken just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lime Herb Chicken
Sort By :
"Delicious! I was pleasantly surprised at how much flavor was in this chicken. Will definitely make again."
"Great flavor! Perfect for summer-time grilling."
"I had to make this with lemon juice, as I was out of lime juice, but the results were wonderful! Looking forward to trying it with lime juice in the near future!"
"I don't have a grill so I baked this in a roasting pan. It came out just like the pic and tasted very flavorful but I really want to try it again once I have a grill."
"My family loves this recipe. The second time I made it though I marinated it an hour or two and I liked it even better."