Lime Hazelnut Zingers Recipe
"The tangy lime and mellow hazelnut flavors are a unique combination that sets these apart from other cutout cookies," writes Karen Morrell, Canby, Oregon. "After baking and cooling them, you can keep the cookies in the freezer until decorating...or bake, frost and eat the same day. They won't last long!"
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the lime juice, peel and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in hazelnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in a corner of the bag; drizzle frosting over cookies. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 177 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lime Hazelnut Zingers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC