Lime-Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1. For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until marmalade is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°., brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
One pork chop equals 286 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.