Lime-Ginger Chicken Tenders
We cook a lot of boneless, skinless chicken breasts because they're low in fat, high in protein, and almost always a smart buy at the grocery store. To keep things exciting, I add a few of our favorites to the mix like jalapenos, lime and fresh ginger. —Samantha Anderson, Fort Worth, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the first nine
- ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until
- chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked chicken equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 39 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.