Lime-Ginger Chicken Tenders Recipe
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. Add chicken; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
5 ounces cooked chicken: 226 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 39g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Lime-Ginger Chicken Tenders
"Really quick and tasty. Could be eaten as fajitas or with rice, beans, and salsa. We had it with low carb spaghetti seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper and a sprinkle of an Italian 5 cheese blend. Served a side dish of steamed baby carrots and broccoli. I could also serving this with Asian vegetable and rice or rice noodles."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.