Lime Gelatin Salad
I've made this refreshing recipe more than 100 times over the past 15 years! It can be a salad or dessert. When I take it to a potluck, it's always one of the first things to disappear.
-Louise Harding, Newburgh, New York
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Stir in gelatin mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla,
- oranges, pineapple, soda and pecans. Chill until the mixture mounds
- slightly when dropped from a spoon. Fold in three-fourths of the
- whipped topping. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for
- 3-4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; garnish with the
- remaining whipped topping. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.