Lime Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1. Dissolve gelatin in water. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla, oranges, pineapple, soda and pecans. Chill until the mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon. Fold in three-fourths of the whipped topping. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; garnish with the remaining whipped topping. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 147 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Lime Gelatin Salad
"I've made this cool, creamy recipe many times over the years and everyone loves it! I leave out the pecans because not everyone in the family can eat them. I've made this recipe with cherry and strawberry gelatins, too. It is always a pleaser!"
"Love this recipe. Always take it for Christmas potlucks and the family loves it too."
"I made it even more low cal by using sugar free jello, light cream cheese, and light cool whip. No one knew the difference. The guests raved about it!"
"It wound up runny and did not keep very well."
"A family favorite ! A delicious refreshing combination of cool, creamy, tart and sweet. Pecans and mandarin oranges keep this dish from becoming too tart or too sweet. I make it exactly as is written and get rave reviews everytime I serve it. It's a keeper !"
"Make this gelatin as a special treat for my grandsons, ages 3 and 2. Serve it several times a year, especially the Christmas season. Highly recommend."