"For a delicious meal in minutes, try this colorful combination," suggests Audrey Thibodeau of Mesa, Arizona. "I put water on to boil while I do some of the prep work, then cook the pasta while I stir-fry the shrimp and veggies. This entree is terrific with garlic bread."
- 1 package (7 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese topping (no substitutes)
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute garlic in margarine for 1 minute. Add the shrimp, peas, red pepper, basil, parsley and pepper. Stir-fry for 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine or broth and lime juice. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Drain spaghetti; stir in cheese topping, milk and lime peel. Serve shrimp mixture over spaghetti. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lime Garlic Shrimp in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p56
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lime Garlic Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review