Lime Frozen Yogurt Recipe
- 4 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lime juice, lime peel and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve with lime frozen yogurt. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup frozen yogurt with 1/6 of the pineapple) equals 307 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.