Wedges of grilled pineapple complement the cool and tangy frozen yogurt in this delightful dessert from Kelly Kraus. Little Falls, New Jersey. It's a real refresher on warm days!
Recommended: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
- 4 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lime juice, lime peel and salt; stir until sugar is dissolved. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's instructions. Allow to ripen in the ice cream freezer or firm up in your refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, uncovered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve with lime frozen yogurt. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lime Frozen Yogurt in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p52
Reviews for Lime Frozen Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review