Lime Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 pound red snapper or orange roughy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 7 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1. Remove skin from fish and cut fish into 1-in. cubes. In a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter and 5 teaspoons lime juice for 30 seconds. Add fish and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, gently stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce and remaining lime juice. Place a spoonful of fish on each tortilla. Top each with lettuce, tomato and sour cream sauce; fold over. Yield: 7 servings.
One taco equals 238 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Lime Fish Tacos
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.