- 1 pound red snapper or orange roughy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 7 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Remove skin from fish and cut fish into 1-in. cubes. In a nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter and 5 teaspoons lime juice for 30 seconds. Add fish and pepper. Cook for 6-8 minutes over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, gently stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce and remaining lime juice. Place a spoonful of fish on each tortilla. Top each with lettuce, tomato and sour cream sauce; fold over. Yield: 7 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lime Fish Tacos
"I thought the sauce was pretty good, but I felt like the fish was a little bland. The taste was very very subtle. I like how this was made, but I'd try experimenting with different spices and whatnot next time. I also used a slaw mix instead of lettuce. 5 stars for sauce, 3 stars for fish, average of 4 stars."
"This was my first attempt at fish tacos & they turned out delicious. The lime flavor in the sauce was just right. I used tilapia, since I knew that I like that kind of fish. I also like my fat so I didn't use fat-free ingredients."
"easy, simple and delicious. Will definitely make these again!"