Lime Divine Tarts Recipe
Winter is prime time for limes, so why not showcase them at your holiday party? These cute cups are impressive but easy to make. —Ann Yri, Lewisville, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- TART SHELLS:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- White chocolate curls and lime peel strips
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lime juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up sides of 36 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Fill shells with lime mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and lime peel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 tart (calculated without garnishes) equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC