Winter is prime time for limes, so why not showcase them at your holiday party? These cute cups are impressive but easy to make. —Ann Yri, Lewisville, Texas
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- TART SHELLS:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- White chocolate curls and lime peel strips
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lime juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill shells with lime mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and lime peel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lime Divine Tarts in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p63
Reviews for Lime Divine Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review