- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- TART SHELLS:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- White chocolate curls and lime peel strips
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lime juice and peel until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Transfer to a small bowl; cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased miniature muffin cups. Prick bottoms with a fork. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill shells with lime mixture. Garnish with chocolate curls and lime peel. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Divine Tarts
Sort By :
"The recipe says put tart shells into 36 ungreased mini muffin cups but the recipe makes 24 servings which is it?"
"I am an experienced baker but this was a complete bust. The cups puffed up so much there was not any room for filling. I tried freezing them first, pricking with fork, etc. but they puffed up until you could only put a tiny bit of lime curd and it was not enough to make them taste good. And no, I did not use self-rising flour..."