CREATED by my husband's cousin, this salad appeared in her church's recipe book.
Since it's quick and easy to prepare, I make it often for my husband and me now that we're "empty nesters". It's light and attractive.
-Nancy Vavrinek, Adrian, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, bring pineapple to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Chill until
- slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and
- whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until thickened. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 9 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.