Lime Cream Torte Recipe
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Lime slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, butter, water and lime juice; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and lime juice. Fold in whipped cream. Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with 1-1/4 cups filling. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake layer. Frost the top of cake with remaining filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with lime slices if desired. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Cream Torte(3)
Sort By :
This cake is extremely easy to make and like everyone else has said, the longer it fridgerates/older it gets the better it tastes! My co-workers really enjoyed it!
I love this cake also, and anytime I take it to a cook out or to a luncheon I am always asked for the recipe...I press a lime out to flaten and use it for a palm tree leaves, use a sliver of carrot for the tree base...makes for a lovely decoration of top of the cake
We love this cake, I make it all the time, but I use Key Lime juice instead. It reminds us of past vacations.