- Stir a small amount of hot filling into yolks. Return all to pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter, lime peel and food
- coloring if desired. Gently stir in lime juice. Pour into crust.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar
- and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread or pipe over pie.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now