Lime Cream Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Green food coloring, optional
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into yolks. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter, lime peel and food coloring if desired. Gently stir in lime juice. Pour into crust. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread or pipe over pie. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Cream Pie(1)
Sort By :
I was looking for a lime cream pie recipe, and found this one... I did change it sum what. I added mile instead of water, and whipped the egg whites and folded them into the mixture after cooking was done. Pored into pie shells and they are now cooling, can not wait until Thanksgiving to enjoy the wonderful sweet but tangy flavor of the pies.. Thanks again, I love it.