Lime Cream Dessert
A friend shared this recipe with me many years ago. I love the tart and sweet combination. It's so cool and refreshing on summer days.Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
1 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 2/3 cup whipped cream
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the egg and sugar. Cut the
- butter into tablespoons; add to double boiler. Add lime juice and
- peel; cook and stir over boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until
- thick. Remove from the heat; add food coloring. Cool. Fold in the
- whipped cream. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 1 serving.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.