Lime Cooler Bars Recipe
From Ottawa, Kansas, Dorothy Anderson shares a family favorite that's guaranteed to get thumbs-up approval from your gang, too. Lime juice puts a tangy twist on these tantalizing bars, offering a burst of citrus flavor in every mouthwatering bite.—Dorothy Anderson, Ottawa, Kansas
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, lime juice and peel until frothy. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; whisk into egg mixture. Pour over hot crust.
- 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Lime Cooler Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC