Lime Cooler Bars Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, lime juice and peel until frothy. Combine the baking powder and remaining flour; whisk in egg mixture. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Cooler Bars
Sort By :
"I was disappointed there was not more lime flavor to these. I even used fresh lime juice."
"I've made these time and again to raves from family and friends."
"Definetly would add more lime to the mix. I don't know if i would make them again"
"i also add 1/2 cup line juce all liked then at the hosp volunteer teathanks janet s winona,mn."
"I made these once with anticipation that they'd be tangy and flavorful like lemon bars. Maybe I didn't make them correctly, but they seemed a bit overly sweet and not enough lime flavor showing through. They were good though, and the crust was tasty..so I would probably try them again with more lime added."