This refreshing recipe from Michele Savoldi of Delaware, Ohio is a tempting twist on traditional lemon bars. With a nutty crust and smooth lime filling, the yummy treats are elegant dusted with powdered sugar and cut into triangles.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped flaked coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup coconut, confectioners' sugar and pecans. Stir in the butter.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the sugar, lime juice, lime peel, baking powder and remaining coconut. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioner's sugar. Cut into squares; cut in half to make triangles. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lime Coconut Triangles in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p44
Reviews for Lime Coconut Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2013
"blimey these are limey~ but good, very good"