My family loves this recipe! It’s great with that morning cup of coffee, delicious as an afternoon snack or after-dinner dessert. Citrusy and crunchy, not too sweet, it always hits the spot. —Diana Burrink, Crete, Illinois
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and oil until blended. Beat in the eggs, lime juice and extracts. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Stir in coconut and lime peel.
- Divide dough in half. With lightly floured hands, shape each half into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Place pan on a wire rack. When cool enough to handle, transfer loaves to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 cookies.
Originally published as Lime Coconut Biscotti in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p33
Reviews for Lime Coconut Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review