- hot lime mixture into the yolks; return all to the pan, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir until a thermometer reads 160° and
- mixture coats the back of a metal spoon, about 20 minutes. Remove
- from the heat; stir in lime peel.
- Pour over the crust; sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Bake at
- 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on
- a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 bars.
Editor's Note: The cornmeal is used as a thickener in the filling.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 189 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.