- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Dip fillets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- To the same pan, add broth, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and remaining cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Lime-Cilantro Tilapia
Sort By :
My whole family loved it. It's an easy recipe that is nice and light - perfect for warm weather.