- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon cumin. Dip fillets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook, uncovered, 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add broth, cilantro, lime peel, lime juice and remaining cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with tilapia. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lime-Cilantro Tilapia in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lime-Cilantro Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 21, 2014
My whole family loved it. It's an easy recipe that is nice and light - perfect for warm weather.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >