This marinade is low-calorie and low-sodium. It is wonderful for chicken, but you can also use it on pork or fish.—Roz Walton, Auburn, Maine
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Place marinade in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lime-Cilantro Marinade for Chicken in Chicken Recipe Cards 2013 2013
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Lime-Cilantro Marinade for Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review