- 2 cans (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- In a food processor, combine garbanzo beans, cilantro, lime juice, water, oil, garlic, lime peel, garlic salt and cayenne; cover and process until blended. Serve with vegetables or crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Lime Cilantro Hummus
"I must have done something wrong. The garlic was way too strong. I won't make it again."
"I think I ate half of this hummus before it was out of the food processor! I usually purchase hummus dip at the store. Not after trying this recipe! It was quick, easy and I had almost everything on hand. I did take the suggestion of decreasing lime and replacing with oil. It was perfect. The garlic and spice ratio was just right for me. Highly recomend this great recipe."
"very easy and such a great green fresh taste. this is my go to Hummus recipe now. I serve it with whatever fresh veggies i have n hand"
"Easy & Delicious! I halved the recipe - glad I don't have to share! Will definitely make again!"
"Added a bit less garlic/lime juice and a bit more olive oil as per previous reviewers. So delicious! Fun to make your own cuz bought can be quite expensive."
"Very tasty. Cut the recipe in half for hubby and myself. Substituted chili powder for cayenne. Great sandwich filling!"
"Cut the recipe in half and made for Hubby and myself. Very tasty and substituted chili powder for cayenne.Makes a great sandwich filling!"
"Awesome recipe. Was an instant hit with my family"
"I've made this recipe twice, as written, and it has gotten rave reviews from guests."
"Following the advice of others who have rated this recipe, I used 1/3 cup lime juice and 3 cloves garlic. It was excellent!"