Lime Christmas Tea Cookies Recipe
Luscious with lime juice and flecked with pistachio nuts, these tangy frosted fir trees are almost too pretty to eat! They're a delightful addition to yuletide cookie trays.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Green colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lime juice, lime peel and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Beat in food coloring. Stir in pistachios. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. tree shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth. Decorate cookies with frosting as desired and sprinkle with colored sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 191 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC