- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 to 12 drops green food coloring
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the lime juice, lime peel and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well. Beat in food coloring. Stir in pistachios. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. tree shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and lime juice until smooth. Decorate cookies with frosting as desired and sprinkle with colored sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 4 dozen.
Reviews for Lime Christmas Tea Cookies
Sort By :
"I just made these cookies a few hours ago, and they were delish! The tanginess is very unique and the cookie in combination with the frosting is very refreshing. Will definitely make these again."
"I discovered this recipe a week before Halloween. I used bat and witch cookie cutters and my adult kids loved them. They love the tang and said they seem to get a little tangier after a few days. If you like limes, you will love this cookie"