Lime Chiffon Dessert Recipe
"This make-ahead recipe was given to me by an aunt many years ago," writes Joyce Key. "Her recipe called for lemon gelatin, but we like this dessert with more of a bite to it, so we use lime instead. The light fluffy squares are especially great in summer," assures the Snellville, Georgia cook.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 24 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Combine the first three ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 336 calories, 19 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lime Chiffon Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC