Lime Chiffon Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 24 squares)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine the first three ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set aside. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Slowly add gelatin until combined. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Lime Chiffon Dessert(3)
Sort By :
This is a light and fluffy dessert that was easy to prepare and taste good. I am not a huge fan of whipped topping so I do not think I will make it again.
I make this often, it reminded my mother of wolworth's ice box cheese cake, I make it with lemmon jello. since I'm diabetic, I use diet jello
My family always chooses this dessert when we need something light and not-too-sweet after a good Mexican meal! So tasty and easy to make!