Whenever I'm in a crunch, this recipe comes to the rescue. The verde sauce gives classic baked chicken a big pick-me-up. My friends keep asking to share it with them. —Ellen Fowler, Seattle, Washington
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 medium lime
- Preheat broiler. Mix seasonings; sprinkle over chicken. Place chicken on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix sour cream, salsa and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Cut lime in half. Squeeze juice from one lime half into sour cream mixture; stir to combine. Cut remaining lime half into four wedges. Serve chicken with sauce and lime wedges. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lime Chicken with Salsa Verde Sour Cream in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Chicken with Salsa Verde Sour Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review