- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Place filling on tortillas; serve with with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Chicken Tacos
"Very easy and delicious!. great fast meal. Love the lime flavor."
"Made the recipe exactly as written, but cut in half for just 2 of us. Used mild salsa, as we aren't big "heat" fans and kept the lime juice/chili powder ratio as is. Wonderful! We decided this is definitely "a keeper" and will be made again and again. So easy, so quick after chicken was cooked. Yum-Yum!"
"This is a great & easy "throw it together in 2 seconds" base chicken recipe for the crockpot. I used legs & thighs since it is what I had on hand. They were succulent, flavorful & the meat fell off the bone. Not dry, quite the opposite-lots of sauce, that's the difference between breasts & dark meat. I added cilantro & chopped green chilies for more flavor when I added the corn & salsa. Next time I'll add black beans to make a whole meal in a pot. Nice change from the usual, will make again."
"I was really impressed with this. I had just over 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts, and after pretty much exactly 5 hours exactly it shredded incredibly easily. The flavor was really good too. I've never been one to put salsa on my tacos or burritos (I'm more of a pico de gallo person), this was super good. It also made enough that I'm going to definitely get more than a few meals out of it. Easy, quick and cheap.By the way, I bought a can of corn, accidentally got creamed corn, and (while this was the first time I made this, so I don't know how it's supposed be exactly), I don't think it changed anything. The salsa has enough liquid that it got absorbed without an issue.I'm definitely making this again."
"Very good. I cooked for 4.5 hours and meat was starting to dry out, next time I will check it at 4 hours. I had to use mainly salsa verde since I didn't have enough tomato based salsa and I did add a little salt."
"These are great. The only change I made was to add a can of black beans."
"So easy to make, but absolutely delicious! One of our favorites!"
"This was so easy to throw together in the morning before work. I used frozen chicken so I let it cook longer than the recommended 5-6 hours. It had such a good taste!"
"Is pretty simple and tasty and inecpensive"
"Quick and easy; great way to use leftover lime chicken and jasmine coconut rice."