Lime Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Chicken Tacos
Sort By :
"Very good. I cooked for 4.5 hours and meat was starting to dry out, next time I will check it at 4 hours. I had to use mainly salsa verde since I didn't have enough tomato based salsa and I did add a little salt."
"These are great. The only change I made was to add a can of black beans."
"So easy to make, but absolutely delicious! One of our favorites!"
"This was so easy to throw together in the morning before work. I used frozen chicken so I let it cook longer than the recommended 5-6 hours. It had such a good taste!"
"Is pretty simple and tasty and inecpensive"