Lime Chicken Tacos
Lime adds zest to this easy filling for tortillas, and leftovers would be a refreshing topping to any taco salad as well. “This fun recipe is great and simple for a casual dinner with friends or family." —Tracy Gunter, Boise, Idaho
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and
- chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours
- or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return
- to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve
- in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield:
- 12 tacos.
Nutritional Facts: 1 taco (calculated without sour cream and cheese) equals 148 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.